Friday, April 12, 2013

Status Update! 4/11/13

Welp, I got a musical production that took place today, and will also take place tomorrow and all day Saturday... Assuming I'm not swamped with homework from finals approaching, expect work to speed up afterwards and that I'll hopefully get something done. I feel kind of bad, since if I had the time I wanted to work on this project, I'd probably be a lot farther along. The content added doesn't really equal the time waited, but it's a lot more content than the current version (excluding "bugtesting" versions).

 I worked a bit on dialogue that I had been unsatisfied with, and I've gotten some work done on the Bath House scene/with the brothel, created areas that would have eventually needed to be created for this chapter and the beginning of chapter three so that I can hopefully focus on small touches and events rather than the long process of creating areas when I release the current version tested and begin work on the next version.

I'll keep you all posted as things come along!


Also, two polls in regards to things game-wise... I'm going to keep the reason behind the introvert/extrovert one under an oath of silence until the next release, but you're welcome to take guesses at it (I'm sure a couple of folks have figured it out)!

4 comments:

  1. Voted no on music.
    Midi/wma/ogg don't seem to have a problem, but when game-breaking corrupt mp3's crop up out of the blue.. when did I last save... NOOOOOOO!
    It becomes a standard practice to swap out the mp3's with midi just to keep that from happening, and I'm tired of hearing the fishing theme from Zelda OoT.

    MP3 = No
    Anything else = OK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See and most of my files I'm thinking of using are either MP3 or BMU which have to be converted into MP3, so... Yeah. I managed to avoid game breaking MP3s in the past though if that counts for anything!


      Plus I should state that music and sounds if added will always have meaning. Speaking as someone who did a lot of higher up choir stuff in high school, if the music isn't needed or doesn't matter, there shouldn't be any. So no fishing theme that replays on every map from me, heh.

      Delete
  2. I think there's something screwy with the personality poll. I've voted for Extroverted, but the poll keeps registering it as a vote for introverted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange... I took a look at the poll and indeed it is screwy, but not like this.

      It's taking forever for it to update with your own vote, but they're correctly going into extroverted and introverted on my end (tried it about three or four times back and forth)

      Delete